This is professional work coordinating, implementing and maintaining technologies and processes to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Senate information systems.Learn more about this agency
Work includes promoting system cybersecurity to safeguard information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or tampering. Incumbent utilizes all the security tools available to prevent system compromise and detect, react and respond to indicators of intrusion activity in the Senate's data/voice networks.
- Responds to potential localized or widespread security events; uses various reports to help track and isolate user access problems and potential security incidents; creates daily situational reports while manning and supporting the Cyber Security Operations Center.
- Coordinates and performs automated vulnerability assessments; advises Senate office staff on effective remediation techniques.
- Coordinates and performs the critical security patch evaluation and certification process for supported Microsoft and non-Microsoft software.
- Promotes cybersecurity awareness and assists with developing security awareness materials; provides security reviews for Senate Office Cybersecurity operational environments; and assists in providing security training and awareness briefings.
- Assesses the impact of new cybersecurity threats and identifies and evaluates vulnerabilities within new technology and changes to Senate IT infrastructure.
- Researches, evaluates, tests, and recommends cybersecurity solutions and controls.
- Develops, implements, and maintains scripts and other automated tools to identify indicators of intrusion activity and to support effective cybersecurity workflow processes.
- Performs cybersecurity systems administration tasks and services for Senate employees and vendor maintenance access.
- Updates management as required on Cybersecurity related issues.
00 - Yes.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581342100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.