The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is the recognized leader as a corporate university, advancing the use of technology in all areas of education. The professional faculty and staff at DAU work in a strong team environment to continuously improve the ways we help our students learn by delivering the right knowledge and skills at the point of need. Come join this dynamic team using your expertise to make a real impact in the acquisition community.Learn more about this agency
As a Professor of Systems engineering and/or Information Technology, you will apply your knowledge, experience, and technical skills to teach and facilitate higher levels of learning for the Department of Defense Acquisition workforce.
1. Develop and conduct lectures, case studies, and student exercises.
2. Present and facilitate instruction both in the classroom and through web-based or virtual learning modes to engage students in the course curriculum.
3. As a subject matter expert on Acquisition Information Technology and Systems Engineering, lead and facilitate student discussion, problem solving, and presentations/briefings.
4. Prepare course material (student and instructor) according to current instructional systems design technology.
5. Develop and analyze student assessments and provide student counseling to insure the highest degree of learning.
6. Provide consulting services to acquisition programs and members of the acquisition workforce.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581341600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.