The Bureau of Labor Statistics measures labor market activity, working conditions, price changes, and productivity in the U.S. economy to support public and private decision making.
This position is located in the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Office of Field Operations, Division of National Compensation Survey.
This position is inside the bargaining unit.
This is an interdisciplinary position and may be filled either as an Economist or Statistician (Economics).
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with National Office staff to design and implement a national training program that will be used to train all new hires supporting the NCS and ORS programs.
- Provides training to staff to improve survey collection procedures and survey non-response; and assists journey-level Field Economists in developing strategies for soliciting participation from critical respondents in multiple BLS surveys.
- Develops data collection and response turnaround training based on a thorough knowledge of the socio-economic conditions of the region or area.
- Develops and conducts national training workshops and provides on-the–job training for field staff on the more complex industries and procedures.
- Participates on national teams which address program related issues and problems that are nationwide in scope.
25% or less - Temporary travel outside the duty station by various modes of transportation is required.
13 - Grade 13 - This position is at the full performance level (FPL).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581339100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.