There is one vacancy and it may be filled at either the Washington, DC or Austin, TX duty station.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a Lead Statistician in the Office of Internal Audit and is assigned to the Supervisor, Statistics and Analytics Division.
Major Duties Include:
- Coaching the team in the selection and application of appropriate statistical methods and techniques and providing advice on work methods, practices and procedures and distributing and balancing workload among employees.
- Performing statistical computing and application of appropriate statistical methods and techniques and providing advice on work methods, practices, and procedures.
- Analyzing databases and interpreting epidemiological and resource utilization data to identify and assess issues in the quality of patient care.
- Conducting cross sectional data analysis and longitudinal data analysis
- Drafting reports and presenting findings.
- Conducting statistical analysis using VHA health care corporate patient care database, patient death registries, quality of care information systems and reports on statistical trends for VA health care facilities and identifying areas of vulnerability.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Lead Statistician (Health)/PD031700
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581333000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.