The Iowa City VA Health Care System (ICVAHCS) is currently recruiting for one (1) Full-Time Registered Nurse- Allergy and Rheumatology Case Manager. ICVAHCS is in Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN) 23. The Allergy and Rheumatology Case Manager Registered Nurse falls under the clinical pathway, as a direct care nurse, and reports to the Clinical Manager, Surgical Specialty Care Service LineLearn more about this agency
The Registered Nurse- Allergy and Rheumatology Case Manager Provides allergy and rheumatology needs across the continuum of care, within the RN Scope of Practice. Demonstrates expertise in allergy and rheumatology care/service-wide programs and is sought as a consultant by others. Serves as a health-care wide resource for Veterans and staff. Has advanced clinical knowledge in the application of allergy and rheumatology nursing care.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Improves practice by application and evaluation of allergy and rheumatology care delivery.
- Identifies changing concepts of patient care and/or technological advances; initiates, coordinates, and implements education regarding allergy and rheumatology care.
- Uses the best available evidence to guide practice decisions.
- Represents the nursing profession on extramural committees or task forces related to specific specialty care, resulting in direct or indirect benefits to the profession or the institution.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others to initiate and lead interdisciplinary groups and to establish a relationship with professional and/or other health-related groups within the community.
- Leadership and accomplishments in developing and implementing programs to improve the delivery of care and organizational performance, characterized by professional nursing practice.
- Responsible and accountable for all elements of the nursing process when providing and/or supervising direct patient care.
- Assumes responsibility for the coordination of care focused on patient transition through the continuum of care, patient and family education, patient self-management after discharge, and supporting factors that impact customer satisfaction.
- Considers all characteristics of the individual, including age and life stages, state of health, race and culture, values, and previous experiences.
- Administers medications and procedures per established policies and guidelines.
- Influences care outcomes by collaborating with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides coverage to other specialty Case Managers as needed/requested.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581296900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.