About the Position: This is a vacancy for a Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic, WG-5803-08 target 11, Mississippi River Project Office, Maintenance Section, located in Pleasant Valley, Iowa.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Modified Direct Hiring Authority (DHA) in accordance with P.L. 116-92 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), Sec 1109.
- Make repairs and overhauls to mobile and floating cranes.
- Diagnose difficult performance problems on a wide variety of equipment and improvise replacement, assembly, repair, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Perform mechanical maintenance, overhaul, and repair a variety of gasoline- and diesel-powered heavy construction equipment such as cranes, wheel- and crawler-type tractors, excavators, compressors, and stationary engines.
- Perform preventative maintenance, repairs, and overhauls to a variety of towboats, launches, and survey vessels.
- Perform the repair of gasoline and diesel equipment at field locations.
- Perform mechanical maintenance, overhaul, and repair of various makes, types, and sizes of service and semi-trucks.
- Perform various tasks incident to cleaning tools, storing them in proper places, and the general maintenance of good housekeeping conditions in the shop area.
75% or less - Up to 75% business travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581214300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.