The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: AcqDemoLearn more about this agency
As an IT Specialist (INFOSEC) at the NH-2210-03 some of your typical work assignments may include:
1. Ensures confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems, networks and data through planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures and tools.
2. Leads, oversees and executes cybersecurity risk assessments in order to assess the aggregate level of risk to a system based on threats, vulnerabilities, likelihood, known exploits, potential impacts and existing and planned mitigations.
3. Develops Security Assessment Plans and manages the independent cybersecurity assessment process to assess cybersecurity controls, ensure adequate tools are used to verify compliance in accordance with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
4. Prepares Security Assessment Reports (SARs) to document issues, findings, and recommendations from the security control assessment. Oversees the development of controls validation test (CVT) to ensure protection mechanisms allow for operational capability.
5. Performs advanced level analysis of vulnerabilities and recommends mitigations strategies. Reviews authorization and assurance documents to confirm level of risk is within acceptable limits for each software application, system and network.
6. Ensures coordination of activities is documented in the security assessment plan and test and evaluation documentation to maximize effectiveness, reuse and efficiency.
7. Provides and briefs highly technical reports to senior leaders on cybersecurity assessments.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581213300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.