Incumbent plans and conducts multiple research studies focused on the causes, incidence and cost of accidents, disease and disabling illness. Studies are designed for the purpose of identifying, analyzing, and reporting on emerging public health issues and problems.Learn more about this agency
As a Statistician (Health) (Direct Hire), you will:
- Identify specific statistical research areas that merit investigation, develop new hypotheses and approaches for studies, and evaluate the feasibility of such endeavors.
- Conduct research and statistical studies or projects related to statistical computation in the preparation of public health programs.
- Develop guidelines and provide interpretations of statistical policies that conform to HHS requirements.
- Collaborate with other scientists on aspects of study design, analysis, and interpretation.
- Provide technical advice to peers and senior managers within and outside of organization on statistical methods and techniques.
- May serve as a project leader, assuming responsibility for the development of project planning, coordination of overall team efforts, and maintaining appropriate lines of communication.
- Evaluate new statistical procedures and software and adapts them if necessary.
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for the collection, processing, compilation, editing and analysis of statistical data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581194300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.