Incumbent performs assignments in support of statistical research studies which are focused on the causes, incidence and cost of accidents, disease and disabling illness. Assignments, which may either cover recurring or continuing studies or relate to special investigations, are characteristically clearly defined units or parts of major projects assigned higher-graded statisticians.Learn more about this agency
As a Statistician (Health) (Direct Hire), you will:
- Develop specifications for and monitors data tabulations ensuring accuracy and quality of data. Develop the analytical plan incorporating appropriate statistical methods and techniques, executes the analysis of data, and interprets results.
- Be responsible for ensuring the statistical validity of study activities by solving problems occurring in the data collection process or analysis of data.
- Prepare comprehensive reports of study results and disseminates results of research projects in a wide range of venues including publications, peer reviewed journals, summaries, manuscripts, and special reports.
- Develop and implements methods and procedures for the collection, processing, editing and analysis of data.
- Provide technical leadership, consultation, and advice on statistical analysis and methods, and techniques of assigned studies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581193800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.