This position will serve as a Survey Statistician within the Centers for Disease Control, Office of Public Health Scientific Services, National Center for Health Statistics and is responsible for providing direction and supervision to professional and technical positions involved in the acquisition and statistical quality assurance of vital statistics data provided by State Registrars as part of a national program to collect and compile vital statistics data.Learn more about this agency
As a Survey Statistician, you will:
- Provide direction and supervision to professional and technical positions involved in the acquisition and statistical quality assurance of vital statistics.
- Direct and oversee a statistical quality assurance program using sampling and other statistical methods to identify and control errors in data submitted by States.
- Analyze data, design and prepare reports related to quality of vital statistics data. Direct the statistical quality assurance program for national vital statistics data.
- Guide the development of valid and statistically sound measures of vital statistics data quality.
- Oversee the evaluation of data quality and negotiate with individual State health departments on improvements to data collection, processing and data analysis procedures to achieve compatibility with NCHS statistical requirements.
- Participate in conferences, committees and working groups on vital statistics and related data analysis activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel domestically 5% of the time for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581187800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.