The Northern Arizona VA Health Care System is currently recruiting for one (1) Program Support Assistant to work in the Geriatrics & Extended Care (GEC) Service Prescott, Arizona. The incumbent provides administrative support to all staff within the Non-Institutional Care (NIC) and Home-Based Primary Care (HBPC) Programs of the Geriatrics & Extended Care (GEC) Service Line maintaining strict confidentiality.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent provides back-up to the Program Support Assistant, as needed. Assists in conducting surveys of agency operating programs and patient care surveys, as required for each of these Programs. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Obtain, organize, file, and retrieve reports, correspondence, and numerical data for use in preparing status reports, briefings, and presentations.
- Analyze workflow to determine potential problem areas and makes recommendations to correct these areas and to improve coordination between the various units and/or offices.
- Utilize reports submitted by organization activities, measures progress and effectiveness of operations against objectives.
- Identify and recommend ways of eliminating, combining, simplifying, or improving procedures and processes.
- Receive, schedule, refer, and contact members of the staff, agency, and persons outside the agency ranging from other government agencies to the general public.
- Provide general clerical public contact support services such as answering the telephone, referring visitors, or providing information about the NIC and HBPC Programs.
- Screen and personally answers calls when the requested information concerns routine and procedural requirements. Refers calls to the appropriate individual when necessary.
- Process incoming and outgoing materials such as correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other forms of written communication, as they pertain to the NIC and HBPC Programs.
- Perform the following types of duties: edits and composes letters and reports, reviews correspondence for accuracy and completeness, prepares public presentation outlines, and develops standard or form letters and replies to inquiries.
- Provide general clerical mail and correspondence services such as preparing a variety of recurring reports, reviewing outgoing correspondence for proper attachments, or consolidating/coordinating submittals of information.
- Research files and assembles background information on the subject of incoming material prior to referral.
- Schedule appointments, coordinates meetings, and/or schedules conferences.
- Maintain calendars and records appointments, and provides administrative support for arranging meetings and/or conferences.
- Will perform timekeeping duties for NIC and HBPC staff.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Support Assistant/PD7021
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581150100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.