This position is located in the National Forest in Tallahassee, Florida.Learn more about this agency
This position is located on a Forest Service unit where the incumbent performs a wide variety of activities in planning and implementing a comprehensive public affairs program.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Michelle Burnett at 803-920-6167 or email@example.com
- Plans, directs, and implements a comprehensive public affairs program for the unit.
- Responsible for informing interested publics, including other agencies, organizations, and individuals, of Forest Service activities and programs.
- Organizes and conducts public meetings, workshops, field trips, or other forums designed to foster public participation.
- Analyzes or supervises the analysis and evaluation of public comments on Forest Service management issues.
- Writes, edits, and prepares news releases and programs for press, radio, and television.
- Performs as a supervisor.
Occasional travel - Overnight lodging may be required for meetings, trainings, workshops, and field/site visits and reviews.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581143900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.