The External Relations Office at Johnson Space Center (JSC) is seeking an individual to serve as a Public Affairs Specialist within our Public Affairs Office (PAO) or Public Engagement Office. These offices plan, coordinate, direct & implement all news media, multimedia and social media activities for JSC while providing stakeholder and employee communications as well as leading JSC's community engagement efforts. Works with NASA headquarters to provide accurate and prompt coverage of events.Learn more about this agency
- Plans, initiates, and implements comprehensive public affairs campaigns for the general public and specialized groups/organizations to enhance the understanding of the nature and objectives of NASA programs and missions.
- Develops, writes, reviews, and edits products such as social media, news releases, scripts, talking points, featured articles, news conferences/briefings, testimonies, exhibits, brochures, pamphlets, and fact sheets.
- Stays current on NASA communication messaging and goals related to programs and missions to more effectively engage the public and enhance public understanding.
- Remains abreast of complex Agency and JSC programs, issues, and developments as well as maintains effective relationships internally and externally to ensure communication products are technically accurate, relevant, and consistent
- Assists with responding to inquiries from the news media and hosting media onsite, providing mission information to the public and media, coordinating the release of information with programs and projects.
- Assists in developing/integrating strategic social media communications products into communication campaigns that include JSC and Agency messages and themes in order to increase visibility and traffic across NASA program priorities and products.
- Assists in planning and conducting a wide variety of external events for the media or public for both mission-related and non-mission activities.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581137800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.