The ideal candidate is a subject-matter expert in applying systems engineering concepts, principles and practices applicable to software/hardware development; has an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Certificate, and experience analyzing and presenting data. This position starts at a salary of $142,701 (GS-15). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of the Chief Information Officer team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as an Enterprise Architecture Specialist within the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) in the Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) Portfolio , responsible for providing expert-level technical support and guidance to the Agency relating to a variety of IT functions to include systems engineering, software/hardware development, and cloud computing. Typical assignments include:
- Advising on planning of and guidance for the operation, maintenance, and sustainment of data centers (on-premise and in the cloud), network services, and IT infrastructure.
- Analyzing and implementing innovative business practices in the delivery of IT services.
- Providing expertise in software development with a focus on continuous testing of code and solutions as they move towards production.
- Authoritatively providing technical engineering guidance and leadership for the development and implementation of IT policies, procedures, and controls to ensure the availability and interoperability of IT systems, projects, programs, or initiatives.
- Supporting the Federal Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) process to ensure consistent application across appropriate systems, projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Developing IT Strategies and Target Architectures for adoption and use for IT Programs and Projects.
- Communicating technically complex information to key stakeholders, including senior management, customers, technical peers, and subordinates.
- Developing long-range engineering vision, and planning, to modernize and gain operational effectiveness of the Agency.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581124500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.