About the Position: This position is in the Planning Center of Expertise for Inland Navigation & Risk-Informed Economics Division (PCXIN), Navigation Planning Center Branch, located in Huntington, WV. PCXIN is a critical element of the USACE Civil Works program Inland Navigation mission and you will function as the lead Economics director and perform economic work referring only matters of critical political impact to the supervisor and for extremely critical technical assistance to HQ.Learn more about this agency
- Function as the Senior Policy advisor for the PCXIN and assists HQUSACE in establishing policy guidelines and technical evaluation procedures for economic factors in Corps inland navigation economic studies.
- Function as the PCXIN principal in the development, management, and certification of all economic data and models.
- Oversee the development of training materials for PCXIN data and model users.
- Conduct sophisticated and technically challenging inland navigation plan formulation analysis or evaluations of projects.
- Evaluate studies according to Corps' criteria and ensure the economic basis for the conclusions are logical and acceptable.
- Conduct and/or direct the assessment of models proposed for certification and evaluate for recommendation to the Chief, PCXIN.
Occasional travel - Some business related travel is required - approximately 25%
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581056700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.