The Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller)(USD(C)/Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Department of Defense (DoD) is responsible for carrying out the functions assigned by Title IO, United States Code, section 135. USD(C) also is responsible for ensuring that the utmost economy and efficiency is applied to the acquisition programs of the Department through sound business management and effective fiscal planning and control.Learn more about this agency
As Supervisory Staff Accountant, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Promote and facilitate improvements to financial management processes, systems and organization to improve financial management and the auditability of Department of Defense and its Components' Financial Statements.
- Work with Components and Defense Agencies to establish and improve Financial Improvement Plans (FIPs) and material weakness corrective action plans, improve their understanding of accounting and audit requirements, execute FIPs. provide feedback on Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) and publications and work products including recommendations to address weaknesses, validate assertions, and achieve success in audits.
- Plan work to be completed, reviews work in progress or upon completion to ascertain problems in accuracy, adequacy, adherence to procedures and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Evaluate program effectiveness by means of program accomplishment, quality and quantity of work produced, established performance standards, procedural, policy and regulatory compliance and technical competence.,
- Develop budget and manpower requirements within the framework of budgetary limitations and guiding policies, determines type and amount of office space, equipment and supplies needed to accomplish the assigned mission
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581036100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.