About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Serves as the Senior IT Cybersecurity Specialist, assigned to the 114th Signal Battalion, Raven Rock Mountain Complex (RRMC) Information Technology Directorate, Facility Related Control Systems (FRCS) Section.
- Evaluate network security configuration and perform on-site network security assessment.
- Ensure conformance with network security architecture and policy.
- Plan work to be accomplished and works as a member of the team supporting cybersecurity and related network functions affecting the organization or enterprise.
- Work to determine goals and develop long-range work plans and schedules within his/her respective area.
- Research, design, implement, integrate, and provide support for new/emerging technologies associated with the FRCS systems in a wide area of responsibility.
- Review implementation of network security tools including, but not limited to firewalls, proxy servers, Intrusion Protections Systems (IPS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), and Network demilitarized zone (DMZ).
- Conduct or direct scans and analysis of network vulnerability.
- Evaluate known or suspected vulnerabilities to ascertain if additional safeguards are needed.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% Business Travel required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581033600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.