****This is an Open Continuous Announcement to establish a standing register of qualified candidates to refer as vacancies occur. The cut-off date for receipt/referral of applications will be March 8, 2021; after this date additional referral lists will be created as vacancies are available. Final application disposition will be completed once all positions have been filled or the announcement reaches the end of the open period stated in the announcement. ****Learn more about this agency
As a Contract Specialist for the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency, within Acquisition and Contracting, you will report to a Supervisory Contract Specialist. This position can report to any of the following offices: Vetting Contracting Office, Critical Tech Protect and Enterprise Purchasing Contracting Office, Information Technology Contracting Office, or Strategic Planning and Advocacy.
As a CONTRACT SPECIALIST you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Providing business advice and performing all pre-award and post-award functions, using a wide range of contracting methods and types; to procure a variety of goods and services.
- Performing and overseeing market research/analysis to determine availability of goods and services; analyzing market trends, commercial practices, conditions and technological advances; and selecting appropriate contracting techniques and procedures to solve any acquisition problems.
- Providing business advice and assistance to technical personnel involved in the development of the statement of work/objectives, performance specifications, or data requirements.
- Reviewing requisition packages for adequacy and compliance with administrative, regulatory, and procedural requirements and consistency with monetary limitations and current market practices and conditions.
- Developing evaluation criteria to use in determining source selection and "best value" requests for proposals which include utilization of past performance data and technical qualifications for awards other than lowest price.
- Communicating with industry to resolve issues, answer questions, and obtain industry input in such forums as industry days, pre-solicitation conferences, and post-award conferences.
- Determining appropriate method of procurement (e.g., competitive advertisement or negotiation) using a wide range of contracting methods and contract types.
- Understanding and using an automated contract system/software program for contract preparation.
- Working in a team environment to achieve common goals to support and enable the DCSA mission.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581031400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.