This position is with the National Disaster Medical System (NDMS), Incident Management Team (IMT) headquartered in Washington, District of Columbia. The mission is to effectively and efficiently manage the deployed resources in the field and to coordinate the activities of those resources to ensure successful completion of assigned missions.Learn more about this agency
The IMT is activated when federal health service/missions are assigned in support of federal, state, local, territorial, and tribal requests for support during potential or actual natural or man-made emergencies, incidents, or National Special Security Events (NSSE). The IMT is scalable and may be tailored to meet the needs of the disasters, emergencies, incidents, or events. The IMT can respond with a short activation notice, deploy in support of response operations by rapidly establishing operating capability and assume control over public health and medical resources activated.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises and mentors personnel assigned to the Administrative and Finance Section. Ensures all Admin and Finance reports are submitted in timely manner and are accurate.
- Responsible for all financial, administrative, and cost analysis activities undertaken at the field level in support of the Federal public health and medical incident responses and events.
- Coordinates with Incident Support Team (IST) to ensure that all emergency finance and acquisition activities are accomplished within the parameters of existing federal law, policies, statutes, and regulations.
- Oversees section that is responsible for timekeeping, compensation and claims, travel reimbursement vouchering, and administrative support needs. Ensures that all activities are following the respective agency's requirements and policies.
- Responsible for financial matters related to the origination and management of procurement contracts in support of emergency finance and acquisition activities.
76% or greater - 95% Domestic and 5% International
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581028900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.