OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
Recruitment/Relocation Incentives are not approved.
This position is located at the Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital in Hines, IL and is part of the VA's Great Lakes Health Care System in the Veteran's Integrated Service Network (VISN 12). The purpose of this position is to manage Ambulatory Care and Processing Section which includes all patient entitlement programs.
- Responsible for planning, policy development, budget management, and performance improvement analysis.
- Responsible for fund control point management, equipment management, and contractual services.
- Analyzes past fiscal year expenses as an aid in accurately forecasting the future expenditures related to the service.
- Conducts studies, analyzes findings and makes recommendations on all aspects of the various substantive operating programs.
- Takes the lead in working with other Services and Sections administrative and management members to enhance the accomplishment of all of the organizations short and long term goals.
- Plans works to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjust short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Evaluates work performance of subordinates.
- Gives advice, counsel, or instructions to employees on both work and administrative matters.
- Identifies and arranges for developments and training needs.
- Monitors, evaluates, and modifies as appropriate, the use of resources to include material, personnel, and financial assets.
- Prepares project papers and reports, and delivers briefings to Chief, Patient Administration Service, and other managers to aide them in understanding study findings and recommendations.
- Responds to questions from other staff members, hospital management, VISN/VACo requests for information.
Work Schedule: Full Time Monday through Friday / 730-4pm.
Telework: Not available.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Supervisory Medical Administration Specialist/PD070670
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
NOTE: Candidate may be required to perform a one year supervisory probation period.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581027400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.