The Iowa City VA Health Care System (ICVAHCS) is currently recruiting for one (1) Full-Time Registered Nurse- Clinical Manager for 5 East Unit. ICVAHCS is in Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN) 23. The Clinical Manger Registered Nurse falls under the clinical pathway, as a supervisory nurse, and reports to the Nurse Administrator.Learn more about this agency
The Clinical Manger Registered Nurse is the designated first-line supervisory authority, responsibility, and accountability for the 24/7 operations of their units, to include acting as a direct patient care provider when needed and ensuring that subordinate personnel provide timely nursing care which complies with generally accepted standards of clinical practice. This includes the authority to accept, amend, or reject the work of subordinates.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides oversight of patient care and staffing requirements for efficient patient care and flow throughout the health care system.
- Follows staffing guidelines to ensure safe, appropriate patient care staffing throughout the clinical and procedural area.
- Assures patient flow through efficient and timely utilization of capital and human resources.
- Monitors performance improvement compliance, functions as a resource for patient care staff, and is responsible for pertinent records and reports to meet the needs of patient care services and the organization.
- Applies the nursing process to systems or processes at the unit/team/work group level to improve care. In addition, they create a safe and healthy work environment by promoting safe patient handling strategic plans.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize problem solving skills to identify, analyze, and resolve issues/concerns.
- Assures compliance with national patient safety goals and evaluates practice of self and others against standard of practice and relevant accrediting and regulatory bodies (i.e., professional nursing organization, nurse practice acts, Joint Commission, OSHA) and takes action to improve compliance.
- Responsible for preparing formal evaluations of performance of employees under his/her supervision.
- Plans and implements effective educational programs for in-services, orientation, continuing education, and other personnel training in conjunction with the education department.
- Recommends approval, modification, or rejection of formal requests from subordinates for promotion, reassignment, status changes, and awards.
- Deals with our Union Partners and others where applicable on personnel matters.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581026600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.