About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Serves as the Senior Desktop Support Systems Administrator for the Raven Rock Mountain Complex (RRMC) Facility Related Control Systems (FRCS) and multiple information systems used for the control and monitoring of hydroelectric power generation and UPS, navigation systems, cooling, air and water control data systems, and other standalone systems and networks.
- Provides expert tier one, two, and three end-user support services for workstation hardware, software, configuration and connectivity.
- Perform trouble-shooting through diagnosis and devise/implement a solution for related end-user and microcomputer equipment problems.
- Resolve logic errors and analyzing diagnostics of data communication line traces.
- Manage workstation operating systems (Windows) to include the troubleshooting and installation of upgrades, patches, and security files.
- Perform end user account management, configuration management, release management, patch management, change management, and standard image deployment / configuration.
- Research, design, implement, integrate, and provide support for new/emerging technologies associated with the FRCS desktop systems in a wide area of responsibility.
- Serve as desktop, software, and peripheral customer support manager with responsibility for working directly with customer organizations to customize services to meet specific customer requirements.
- Ensures that the information assurance and cyber security procedures, policies, processes, and protocols governing desktop operations are developed, issued, and maintained for the FRCS network.
- Creates, implements, and enforces procedures to receive, scan, and validate the use of contractor/vendor laptops to ensure compliance with information assurance and cybersecurity policies prior to being allowed on the FRCS network.
- Maintains Risk Management Framework (RMF) artifacts within eMass.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% Business Travel required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581022000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.