OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
Recruitment/Relocation Incentives are not approved.
If you are not a current, permanent VA Nationwide Employee, you should apply under the announcement HN-10930548-21-MK.
This position is located at the Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital in Hines, IL and is part of the VA's Great Lakes Health Care System in the Veteran's Integrated Service Network (VISN 12).This Quality Assurance Specialist position is located within Pharmacy Service at the Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital and supports all Inpatient Pharmacy Services as assigned utilizing education, experience and expertise. The incumbent of this position functions as a Pharmacy Technician Specialist and is responsible for providing safety and quality management guidance and accountability across the Pharmacy Service.
- Monitors pharmacy staff trainings are maintained and documented with acceptable skills & competency and trains all incoming technicians on procedures.
- Assures routine & scheduled maintenance and service for pharmacy automated equipment is completed and documented according to pharmacy policies and guidelines.
- Evaluates compliance with accepted standards mandated by auditing & accrediting agencies
- Fills unit dose carts, and ward stock medications independently to be delivered to patients areas of use, including controlled substance, hazardous listed medications, chemotherapy medications.
- Monitors inventory needs in patient care areas, relays this information to the appropriate Pharmacy personnel. This also includes placing stock in proper storage areas, rotating stock on shelves, and removing/replacing outdated items.
- Provide training for incoming technicians, and assure competency prior to full assignment.
- Provide the customer with consistent information according to established policies and procedures.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581017300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.