You will serve as an ENGINEER or SCIENTIST in the CYBERSECURITY DIVISION within the USW COMBAT SYSTEMS DEPARTMENT of NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV NEWPORT RI.Learn more about this agency
The ND-4 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to the GS-12 and GS-13.
Per 5 CFR 335.103(c)(3)(v) -
This is a non-competitive reassignment opportunity open to those qualified who hold (or have held) a position equivalent to (or higher than) an ND-4 (GS-12/13 equivalent) on a permanent basis in the competitive service.
- You will perform a variety of tasks related to cybersecurity vulnerability assessment of complex Undersea Warfare USW systems.
- You will ensure all assigned Cyber Security technical tasks are accomplished in accordance with the program guidelines in order to meet system acquisition milestones.
- You will establish, monitor, and report on technical milestones and schedules to ensure project success while ensuring the integrity of security systems through planning, analysis, and application of applicable security policies.
- You will evaluate system security vulnerabilities while assisting with the coordination and execution of land-based integration and testing.
- You will craft, record, and replay network traffic flows using packet crafting and packet-level analysis tools to identify vulnerabilities and anomalous or malicious behavior.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581006600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.