This is a temporary position, not to exceed one year, located in the Environmental Management Service (EMS) division at the Iowa City VA Healthcare System. The incumbent is responsible for the supervision of housekeeping, sanitation program, inventory and storage of supplies, special cleaning, waste management, recycling, furniture moving, emergency bed-making, providing set-up for conferences/events, patient clothing, emergency linen distribution, training and other EMS related projects.Learn more about this agency
Primary duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages weekly and monthly schedules to encompass housekeeping program responsibilities.
- Coordinates furniture moves and project work with the Chief of EMS, or designee.
- Establishes deadlines, estimates time/material and manpower for each assignment or project.
- Counsels employees, adjusts informal complaints and grievances through discussions with employees and union representatives.
- Initiates appropriate corrective or disciplinary actions as conditions require.
- Inspects and evaluates subordinates' work in a fair and equitable manner.
- Assists in the development of housekeeping sanitation procedures and equipment operations.
- Assigns and schedules all work operations with regards to the EMS sanitation program.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled inspections of completed work assignments to verify work performed, established practices and procedures.
- Explains work requirements, methods, procedures and instructs staff on difficult work operations.
Work Schedule: Full time; Variable: Days, Evenings, Overnight or Weekends
Position Description Title/PD#:Housekeeping Aide Supervisor/50298-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580997300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.