This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Coast Guard, Coast Guard Recruit Training Center, Facilities Engineering Division, Engineering Branch, Cape May, NJ.Learn more about this agency
You will perform Civil/Structural Engineering services for the direction, control, and appraisal of the planning, design, development, construction, alteration, cost estimates, and inspection of building, grounds, and facilities.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Performing administrative and technical project management relating to a wide variety of facilities of substantial complexity.
- Leading a team in designing and developing construction drawings and specifications for civil and or structural engineering systems, such as sewer mains, storms and sanitary sewer lines, sanitary or lift stations, parking lot and road repaving, construction or rehabilitation of existing buildings, pier structures, seawalls/bulkheads/bank stabilization, roofing systems, and other similar projects.
- Evaluating projects to determine the most appropriate, energy efficient, and economical systems to serve the facility.
- Performing design review of construction drawings and specifications for civil and/or structural engineering systems.
- Conducting studies and providing engineering analyses and evaluation of potential projects.
- Serving as the Engineer in Charge (EIC), identifying areas of concern pertaining to specific in-house projects, and preparing project scopes and cost estimates for fee purposes.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580996100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.