The Iowa City VA Health Care System (ICVAHCS) is recruiting for one (1) full-time Operating Room and Robotics Coordinator Registered Nurse to meet the needs of our Veterans at the Iowa City VA Health Care System.Learn more about this agency
The Operating Room and Robotics Coordinator potentially requires flexibility in schedule and assignments, as this is a 24/7 hospital. Willing to work cooperatively as a member of a team in all assignments. Makes caring for the veteran his/her priority while in the work setting and demonstrates customer service principles in all aspects of work. Some of the duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates, delivers and evaluates nursing care for patients whose protective reflexes or self-care abilities are potentially compromised during operative or other invasive procedures, both robotic and non-robotic procedure.
- Works collaboratively with perioperative professionals, including anesthesia providers, surgeons, surgical technologists, to plan care that meets the patient's needs.
- Uses clinical knowledge, judgment, and reasoning skills based on evidence-based practice, the nurse plans, implements, and documents nursing care to address the physical, psychological and spiritual responses of the patient that has undergone an operative or invasive procedure, both robotic and non-robotic procedures in the Operating Room.
- Has technical knowledge and clinical skills to function as a circulating nurse and act as a scrub nurse, if appropriate training and competencies are validated.
- Coordinates and performs clinical training that includes, but is not limited to: Robot set-up, patient preparation, draping and positioning, connections for the robot system, positioning of the robotic table and console, ensuring connections are accurately set-up and maintained, docking and undocking of the system, management of malfunction errors.
- Assists with coordinating the schedule for cases that utilize the robot system.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Applicable
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580982100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.