You will serve as the iLab Director (Engineer or Scientist; ND-05; GS-14/15 equivalency) in the CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICE of NAVSURFWARCENDLD.Learn more about this agency
- You will identify and conduct innovation challenges that support technology maturation, acceleration of capabilities to the fleet, and solve problems that inhibit technology transition.
- You will execute a human centered design process to architect concepts, and validate, prototype and implement innovative solutions.
- You will provide the facilities, tools, and training that enables the freedom to discover, expands the narrative, and supports the development of collaborative solutions.
- You will develop a pipeline of ideas, concepts, and projects that utilize the internal investment resources of Naval Surface Warfare Center - Dahlgren Division to prepare capabilities for the warfighter.
- You will communicate with the external scientific, stakeholder, and sponsor communities concerning surface warfare capability needs and iLab innovation and experimentation opportunities.
- You will maintain awareness of ongoing scientific activities, technology trends, and naval needs.
- You will conduct strategic planning to support the development of technology road maps.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580972600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.