You will serve as a the MECHANICAL DESIGN AND INTEGRATION LEAD (E34) (Scientist or Engineer; ND-05; GS-14/15 equivalency) in the GUN WEAPON SYSTEMS DIVISION (E30); GUN & ELECTRIC WEAPON SYSTEMS DEPARTMENT of NAVSURFWARCENDLD.Learn more about this agency
- You will be responsible for governing the mechanical technical design and development of gun and directed energy weapon system components and weapon system mounts.
- You will provide engineering oversight of complex technical data packages, ensure technical feasibility in designs, and collaborate internally and externally to achieve overarching technical goals.
- You will integrate formal review processes into all assigned product workflows.
- You will conduct regular design reviews that feed into and support higher level reviews, such as 1) Product Review Panels (PRPs) and 2) Product Certification Panels (PCPs), while staying abreast of best practices set forth by higher authority policy.
- You will lead mechanical design and analysis teams to define, design, develop, test, and certify gun and directed energy system mounts, gimbals and associated hardware.
- You will provide oversight and accountability to ensure drawings, designs and other deliverables are adequately reviewed and recommend process and policy improvement initiatives to improve the technical products and rigor.
- You will provide technical leadership for the mechanical design and integration of Gun Weapon System (GWS) hardware, to include directed energy and unmanned systems.
- You will lead technical efforts in concept development, system designs, and requirements engineering to advance the capability of traditional gunnery and directed energy systems
- You will lead and develop diverse teams to identify solutions for providing gun weapon and directed energy capabilities to the warfighter.
- You will apply best practices and principles for advocating and leading the design, development, testing, integration, and certification of gun mounts, gimbals and mechanical components for prototypes and integration into warfighting platforms.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580968100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.