OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
Recruitment/Relocation Incentives are not approved.
The purpose of the position is to perform occupational hazard and safety surveys of a medical facility; study and review inspection safety records; plan and conduct survey or inspections that identify safety hazards and violations; and analyze accident and injury reports.
- Prepares safety guides and internal instructions for low safety and normal safety risks encountered in an assigned area of responsibility; identifies the need for higher level risk guides or instructions.
- Advises senior level management officials within the assigned area on the status of the safety and occupational health programs and recommends changes in the design of work programs to meet new safety and occupational health standards.
- Periodically confers with safety and occupational health specialists at universities, hospitals and research organizations to identify hazards related to new medical equipment and to become familiar with evolving techniques and protective devices for controlling or eliminating potential safety hazards.
- Performs special environmental monitoring tasks using a variety of instruments to determine potentially unsafe exposures. Coordinates long-term studies of unsafe work conditions with appropriate supervisors.
- Independently schedules surveys of medical facility laboratories, shops, and offices to identify and evaluate risk potential involving a wide variety of work environments and occupations.
- Determines the extent to which mechanical and physical conditions comply with required or accepted standards, their adherence to established safety policies and procedures, and the effectiveness of the assigned program.
- Certifies laboratories or other work environments where local guidelines or standards require assurance that specific and predetermined safeguards or practices are present prior to work beginning.
Work Schedule: Full time: Monday - Friday, 8:00am- 4:30pm
Telework: Not Authorized
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Safety & Occup Hlth Spec/PD03311A
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580960800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.