This position is a Supervisory Fish Biologist, GS- 0482-13/14 working in Carbondale or Wilmington, IL for the R3-Carterville Fish and Wildlife Conservation Office.Learn more about this agency
This position is also open to the public under announcement R3-21-10932273-KO-DE. You must apply to each announcement separately if you wish to be considered under both recruitment methods.
As the Project Leader/Field Office Supervisor for the Carterville FWCO, incumbent exercises line and management responsibility of office to protect and conserve fish and wildlife resources through habitat conservation and restoration activities, actions related to aquatic invasive species, and coordination of projects that are of national and regional importance. Incumbent provides technical and policy guidance to subordinate staff and serves as a key advisor to the Regional Management Team on federal trust fish and wildlife issues. Duties of this position may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership, direction, and oversight for coordination, consultation and technical services to Federal and State agencies, Congressional delegations, nongovernmental organizations, Tribal governments, and other public agencies.
- Oversee the Carbondale, IL and Wilmington, IL office staff providing day to day guidance and direction.
- Provide leadership for the Fisheries Program on the Monitoring and Response Workgroup.
- Provide technical leadership to the Asian Carp Regional Coordinating Committee and Mississippi River Interstate Cooperative Resource Association in developing strategy regarding Asian carp monitoring and evaluation in Upper Illinois River and Mississippi River Basin.
- Participate with the Regional Fisheries Program as member of the Fisheries Regional Management Team to develop fish and wildlife resource policies and programs.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580937000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.