This position is located within United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Field Organization, National Center for Cool and Cold Water Aquaculture, Northeast Area, Leetown, WV.Learn more about this agency
Actively participates in one or more phases of the research process by performing a variety of complex technical duties, in a laboratory, field, or greenhouse environment, common to fish health, and contributes ideas towards the planning and sequencing of the technical aspects of the research.
- Collects, prepares, evaluates, and verifies fish samples and supporting records.
- Maintains inventory of chemicals, stock solutions, etc., prepares solutions and reagents for use in the laboratory and safely disposes of waste material (both chemical and biological).
- Searches for literature pertinent to area of research for new procedures or techniques to use in the laboratory, field, or greenhouse.
- Keeps detailed records of experimental data.
- Tabulates, statistically analyzes and summarizes data using personal computers and software packages.
- Performs routine and recurring techniques and studies using a variety of specialized equipment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580934600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.