This position is located in the Bureau of Global Public Affairs, Media Strategy, Office of Press Operations, Global Events and Travel Division (GPA/MD/PRS/G). The office explains foreign policy and public diplomacy issues to journalists, support the Secretary in events involving media participation globally, and assists reporters who have questions about U.S. foreign policy positions.
Announcement amended to filled in Position Sensitivity & Risk and Type of Adjudications information.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for a broad range of Department-level public affairs initiatives.
- Develops strategies and tactical planning to advance the Administration's priority foreign policy goals.
- Plans, coordinates, and advances logistical details for public and open press events for the Secretary's public events in the United States and internationally. Produces the Department of State's daily public schedule.
- Plans, coordinates, and advances briefings and press interviews for journalists in support of the Secretary's global travel.
- Responsible to press inquiries and takes steps to enhance understanding, often serving to advocate the Department's position to parties with an opposing position on controversial issues while still maintaining an ongoing working relationship.
- The GS-12 position performs essentially the same duties as the GS-13, but under closer supervision and with decreased level of complexity.
25% or less - Occasional travel, 25% or less, is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580930300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.