This position is located in the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC), Fishery Monitoring and Research Division (FMRD) with six vacancies located in Woods Hole, MA or Narragansett, RI.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-NEFSC-2020-0058, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.Learn more about this agency
As a Marine Resources Management Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
• Support fisheries science, monitoring, and information systems projects through communication and outreach activities, data management and analysis, field operations, data collection, and administrative tasks.
• Communicate technical and programmatic information orally through outreach events and meetings and in written format with diverse stakeholders, including industry, managers, policy makers, observers, service providers and scientists.
• Analyze fishery/environmental data, monitor system performance, create tools to streamline and standardize data extraction and aggregation, and report findings to facilitate fishery, protected species, and ecosystem research and reporting.
• Participate in observer training trips and fishery research surveys to collect data and communicate information to staff to develop training curriculum.
• Coordinate with higher-level staff in researching new and emerging solutions, technologies, methodologies, and processes relevant to fishery monitoring and research.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% domestic travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580903500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.