This position is being concurrently announced under Pathways Recent Graduate program as announcement number 21-NCH-ENG-810-9-RG. Current federal employees may apply to both announcements. This position may be filled at the GS-09 grade level with promotion potential to the GS-11.Learn more about this agency
- Conduct preliminary surveys and site investigations to obtain baseline and field data
- Prepare design criteria for smaller or less complex portions of a project, such as conventional roads, facilities, utility systems or structures.
- Compute quantities and cost estimates for civil engineering projects based on knowledge of the project, terrain and climate.
- Implement civil engineering work in accordance with approaches that have been structured by senior engineers.
- Investigate various routes and locations for proposed roads and trails using aerial photos and topographic maps.
- Perform location reconnaissance and flag routes along corridors using transportation plan.
- Complete road designs involving drainage structures, base and surfacing analysis and special structures using basic survey data.
- Interpret safety regulations to assure that safe practices are followed during projects.
- Observe construction at all stages to identify problems and take action to change designs within delegated authority.
- Recommend changes to solve problems that may arise, such as, unusual foundation conditions caused by faults, or rocks susceptible to solution and landslides.
- Administer contracts for projects that are limited in size, complexity or a minor part of a large project
- Coordinate with other engineers to ensure technical accuracies for engineering projects.
- Participate in investigations of existing facilities and utility to conform to safety, health, and regulatory requirements.
- Confer with contractor representatives to resolve differences.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580893900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.