As the world's largest finance and accounting firm, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) pays all Department of Defense (DoD) military and civilian personnel, retirees and annuitants, and major DoD contractors and vendors. We take great pride in serving the men and women who serve America, and invite goal-oriented people like you to challenge yourself while providing a service to our nation.Learn more about this agency
- As a Team Leader, the position communicates the organization?s mission, vision, and values to the team and ensures they are integrated into team goals, objectives, work plans, products and services.
- Explains to team members the action items, projects and/or program issues under review, problems to be solved, deadlines and time frames for completion.
- Monitors and reports on the status and progress of work, checks work in progress and upon completion for quality, adherence to instructions and to ensure objectives are met.
- Analyzes functional and technical requirements of proposed or existing IT systems to determine avenues of development or modification necessary to meet mission objectives.
- Identifies how system modifications or new systems or subsystems affect current systems; prepares cost analysis; establishes target completion dates; and prioritizes proposed system changes or developments.
- Participates in test readiness reviews and briefs technical and non-technical staff. Trains supporting analysts on the interrelationship of systems or subsystems and the detailed logic of each system.
- Develops and/or employs tools and methods to track progress throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Incumbent leads feasibility studies in order to develop information systems to meet user requirements.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580843800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.