Monster Government Solutions (MGS) will be performing scheduled maintenance between Saturday, October 17 at 12:01 a.m. ET and Sunday, October 18 at 6:00 p.m. ET. You may not be able to complete the application process during this time.
This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Office of Observations (OBS), Radar Operations Center (ROC), Engineering Branch, with one vacancy in Norman, OK.Learn more about this agency
As an Electronics Engineer, you will perform the following duties:
- Serve as the Engineering Change Proposal project lead providing management support and technical expertise on NEXRAD (Next Generation Weather Radar) WSR-88D (Weather Surveillance Radar 88 Doppler) radar systems.
- Review and evaluate effectiveness, technical adequacy, and suitability of engineering work and proposals of others developing system modifications to ensure there is no impact on performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Plan modifications to complex subsystems or major categories of equipment to include preparing cost estimates, procedures, criteria, and specifications for systems modification and for procurement and testing of new equipment and software.
- Create or update technical documentation and drawings to ensure technical accuracy, conformance, and maintainability of deployed systems.
- Coordinate technical activities with external customers and support organizations representing the organization in reaching compromises and agreements with engineers and contractors.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% of domestic travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580829700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.