These positions are located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Infrastructure Services Division (ISD), Transport Services Branch (TSB), Deployed Connectivity Section (DCS) in Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Telecommunications Specialist (CYBER) and be responsible for planning, implementing and operating network services/systems to include hardware and virtual environments.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Planning, implementing, and operating network services/systems.
- Monitoring network capacity and performance.
- Implementing new system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Integrating new systems into existing network architecture.
- Providing feedback on network requirements, including network architecture and infrastructure.
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel.
13 - This position may be filled at the GS-11, GS-12, or GS-13 grade level. Promotion potential to GS-13 if selected at a lower grade level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580829400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.