The General Counsel is the Chief Legal Officer of the Commission and heads the Office of the General Counsel (OGC). The Appellate Group represents the Commission in civil litigation in the U.S. Courts of Appeals and, in conjunction with the Solicitor General, in the U.S. Supreme Court in civil litigation involving enforcement and challenges to federal securities laws.Learn more about this agency
- Provides legal support for multiple attorneys in the Appellate Group.
- Performs substantive citation verification to ensure that both record and legal citations and quotations in briefs and documents are accurate and relevant.
- Conforms citations to required "Blue Book" format.
- Prepares, identifies, marks, and compiles appendices, exhibits, including visual aids, and exhibits to be filed or used in court.
- Prepares the certified index of the administrative record in appeals from Commission rules or orders.
- Performs legal research using online information in systems such as PACER, LexisNexis, Westlaw, and other legal resources.
- Prepares court filings, briefs, and other legal documents and memoranda in coordination with attorney staff.
- Communicates clearly and concisely complex and technical information to attorneys and others in the Commission, both orally and in writing.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580816000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.