The Deputy Chief Financial Officer (DCFO) is responsible for formulating, developing, and advocating Secretary of Defense policies to manage resources for the total defense program. The DCFO is the principal advisor to the Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller)/Chief Financial Officer (USD(C)/CFO), as well as to Defense senior leaders, on all issues involving the amended CFO Act and related financial management reformsLearn more about this agency
The incumbent manages the development, promulgation, and implementation of policies, procedures, and systems for DoD-wide programs in financial management policy and reporting (FMPR), financial management business transformation, CFO data transformation, and financial improvement and audit remediation (FIAR). Additional duties will include but are not limited to:
- Developing, publishing, implementing, and interpreting DoD-wide accounting, finance, and audit remediation policies. Ensuring all financial policy is compliant with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensuring the DoD Financial Management Regulation is relevant and consistent with government accounting and auditing standards, appropriation laws, federal statutes, and regulations issued by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the U.S. Department of the Treasury (Treasury), and the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB).
- Annually developing and issuing the DoD consolidated agency financial report, including the financial statements and other external financial management reports, and publishing annual DoD reporting guidance. Ensuring the consolidated financial statements are presented fairly, in all material respects in conformity with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
- Developing, publishing, and interpreting DoD-wide financial management improvements, audit methodologies, and guidance that supports statutory requirements for the Department to audit its full set of financial statements. This includes maintaining the DoD Financial Statement Audit Guide.
- Representing the USD(C)/CFO in interagency forums, program audits, and other matters pertaining to accounting, auditing, financial management policy, data analytics, and business transformation.
- Maintaining the Notices of Findings and Recommendations and Corrective Action Plans database to track, report, and meter remediation progress, including for material weaknesses.
- Leading and implementing financial business transformation efforts to achieve an optimal Defense financial management end-to-end operating environment and future state through implementation of key business systems and business process improvements that emphasize auditability, interoperability standardization, simplification, and compliance.
- Acting as the proponent for the DoD Managers' Internal Control Program, including evaluating funds control weaknesses and overseeing annual production of the DoD Statement of Assurance for Secretary of Defense signature. Maintaining the DoD Internal Control Over Financial Reporting Guide.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580810300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.