This position is located in Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Assistant Commandant for Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Technology (C4IT)(CG-6), Office of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence (C5I) Program Management (C5I PMO)(CG-68), C5I Systems Management Division (CG-681), Infrastructure Branch (CG-6812), Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
The C5I Systems Management Division (CG-681) is responsible for overseeing C5I programs and portfolio management. The incumbent is an IT Cybersecurity Program Manager for Microsoft Office 365 (O365), Windows 10 Secure Host Baseline (SHB), or application and network mobility.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team.
Typical work assignments at the GS-15:
- Develops and maintains strategic plans
- Develops methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts
- Resolves conflicts in laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures
- Evaluates the effectiveness of procurement functions in addressing information security requirements and supply chain risks through procurement activities and recommend
- Acts as a primary stakeholder in the underlying information technology (IT) operational processes and functions that support the service, provide direction and monitor all significant activities so the service is delivered successfully
- Coordinates and program manages the overall service provided to a customer end-to-end
- Manages the internal relationship with information technology (IT) process owners supporting the service, assisting with the definition and agreement of Operating Level Agreements (OLAs)
- Leads and oversees budget, staffing, and contracting for the respective program
- Negotiates for the acceptance of agency positions on key Government-wide policy initiatives exercising independent judgment and discretion with DoD, DHS, OMB on national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems, including advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations, IT cyber acquisitions, cyber security continuous diagnostics and monitoring.
- Routinely exercises independent judgment and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that may result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters.
- Monitors and audits the schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems.
In addition to the duties above, the following are typical work assignments at the GS-14:
- Performs needs analysis to determine opportunities for new and improved business process solutions
- Reviews or conduct audits of information technology (IT) programs and projects
- Ensures that all acquisitions, procurements, and outsourcing efforts address information security requirements consistent with organization goals
- Participates in the acquisition process as necessary
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580767200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.