Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Mother Lode Field Office. Information about El Dorado Hills, CA and the surrounding area can be found at https://eldoradohillschamber.org/
We expect to fill 1 vacancy at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- May perform as crew chief or project manager for teams of other foresters involved in forest and woodland management
- Plans and implements technical projects and performs leadership duties in support of forestry-oriented, multiple-use land management programs, including coordination of appropriate staff to accomplish the work
- Administers long-range forest management programs, meets the objectives of the district/field/zone resource management plan, and provides solutions for technical, budgetary, staffing, and customer service needs related to forest management.
- Coordinates with partners from other Federal and State agencies, local governments, Tribes, and non-governmental organizations to integrate BLM forest management program with neighboring land managers and regional strategies.
- At the GS-09 level, the incumbent may be required to work in a less complex forestry program functional area with assignments that are more routine and conventional.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580766200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.