This position is located within the Highway Design Branch for the Eastern Federal Lands Highway Division (EFLHD) in Ashburn, Virginia. The incumbent supports the Division as a designer with responsibility for the development of plans, specifications and estimates (PS&E) packages relative to the design of highways and bridges.
This establishes an open continuous 4 month announcement. Applications will be reviewed periodically.Learn more about this agency
As a Civil Engineer (Highway) you will:
- Complete the highway design engineering on simple to moderately complex projects and perform work activities on more complex projects with appropriate oversight and guidance.
- Generate and evaluate geometric design alternatives and develop sound design concepts.
- Develop Plans, Specifications, and Estimates (PS&E) packages that clearly define the work, are biddable, and emphasize context sensitivity, safety, and constructability.
- Interpret and apply the laws, regulations, policies, and guidance related to standard aspects of highway design.
- Identify, recommend, and/or use appropriate technologies for gathering data during PS&E development.
- Attend meetings with supervisor/designated employee on project highway design matters that involve a wide range of external contacts, including technical representatives of client agencies. Prepare written field review and meeting reports and other technical reports.
The ideal candidate for this position is an engineer with experience developing, monitoring, and adhering to the design, budget, and schedule for roadway construction projects and providing technical assistance from initial scoping through construction support.
RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE MAY BE OFFERED TO SELECTEE(S) OF THIS POSITION.
Occasional travel - Travel is required to participate in program and project reviews, and to attend meetings, conferences and workshops. Mountainous terrain or proximity to high traffic volumes may present undesirable conditions during field trips.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580669100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.