This position is located at any VISN 12 facility location listed in this announcement. Selected VISN 12 employees will maintain their current duty station location. Selected VISN 12 employees requesting to change their current duty station must make this request at the time of tentative offer, and have it be approved by the VISN HRO prior to final offer.Learn more about this agency
The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) has adopted the HR Modernization and Shared Services Implementation, which is a new model of organizing and consolidating essential Human Resource (HR) functions and services to the Network level.
This improvement to HR service delivery will best support the needs of the VISN's diverse workforce and the expectations of management related to the acquisition, compensation, retention, and performance of staff as well as the consistent execution of HR-related administrative functions to benefit both staff and Veterans. This streamlined and focused approach moves VHA forward in its continuum of providing comprehensive, compassionate, and coordinated care to Veterans.
- Evaluates applications and resumes using Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and Veterans Administration (VA) qualification standards, verifies eligibility, and rates and ranks applicants.
- Adjudicates and makes decisions on applicant appeals and agency's request to pass over (or objects to) eligible(s) certified.
- Provides input to the immediate supervisor on final decisions.
- As authorized by OPM, he/she is responsible for drafting and preparing announcement(s); evaluating, rating and ranking applications; adjudicates veteran's preference; updating various logs, maintaining active and inactive files and pending files, etc.; issues Notice of Ratings (NORs); and issues and audits certificate of eligibles.
- Prepares or edits final drafts, examination announcement, recruiting plans, rating schedules and qualification inquiry forms in subject matter areas which the qualification and methods for their determination involve difficulty in definition and development.
- Reviews work of this nature done by lower staff, as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Identifies management problems and analyzes them from the management
- Provides technical advice and assistance to the human resources staff and management officials in all areas of staffing and recruitment, including priority placement, direct hiring, special hiring authorities, etc.
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday-Friday; Specific tour to be determined upon entrance of duty.
Virtual: May be considered for highly qualified candidates
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment/Placement)/PD99989A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580658700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.