OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
Recruitment/Relocation Incentives are not approved.
This position is located at the Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital in Hines, IL and is part of the VA's Great Lakes Health Care System in the Veteran's Integrated Service Network (VISN 12).
The Health Care Technician is a non-licensed member of the nursing care team who performs various direct patient care activities, indirect patient care activities and related supportive services under the general guidance and direction of a Registered Nurse. This role requires the individual to demonstrate keen powers of observation, perception and judgement; show initiative and pay meticulous attention to details. The Health Care Technician provides a diverse range of clinical services supportive to the delivery of quality patient care. The position combines the responsibility of Nursing Assistant and selected aspects of phlebotomy, EKG, respiratory care, activity oriented exercises and nutrition assistance. Under the general guidance and supervision of registered nurses, the Health Care technician carries out specific direct and indirect patient care assignments and supportive functions to assist in providing total patient care services. The Health Care Technician reports to the Clinical Nurse Administrator/designee.
- Performs, reports, and records documents measurements such as vital signs, intake and output, pulse oximetry, and glucose finger stick and other parameters.
- Adds prescribed nourishment to existing continuous tube feeding setup.
- Provides appropriate support to patients in meeting their nutritional needs
- Provides one on one sitter support for patients requiring such supervision.
- Establishes helpful relationships with patients and others.
- Assists patients with movement, positioning, ambulation, and transportation.
- Provides assistance with personal hygiene, bowel/bladder care, physical comfort and a clean and safe environment.
- Collects urine, stool, sputum and blood specimens, labels and delivers to laboratory.
- Provides selected respiratory care, such as incentive breathing exercises.
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday-Friday, 5am to 130pm. No weekends.
Telework: Not available.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Health Technician/PD04341A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580620700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.