This position serves as the Mobility Manager at the facility level. This position reports to the Assistant Director and advises the VTP Board of Directors. The incumbent manages the VAMC's transportation program to include: supervision of VTS schedulers, drivers, beneficiary travel clerks and other related staff.Learn more about this agency
- Manage the Veterans Transportation Program.
- Ensure safe and reliable transportation is provided to Veterans traveling to and from VA health care facilities and authorized non-VA appointments.
- Manage transportation demand in conjunction with available resources.
- Collaborate with community service providers in order to accommodate transportation requirements.
- Work with various transportation networks to provide transportation services.
- Administrator the Vet Ride System.
- Delegate access rights to facility staff as appropriate.
- Facilitate Beneficiary Travel through mileage reimbursement and contracted travel modes.
- Adjudicate mileage, lodging, meals, common carrier, SMT reimbursement requests, determine eligibility and processes payments for eligible Veterans in support of costs incurred while traveling.
- Administer Beneficiary Travel related contracts.
- Provide pre-approved transportation solutions and arrange Special Mode Transportation upon request.
- Plan, develop, evaluate, market and directing key administrative activities.
- Administer travel for disabled, elderly and or patients receiving life dependent treatments (dialysis, chemo therapy, radiation therapy.
- Complete the needs Resources and Stakeholders Assessment.
- Utilize the Needs, Resources and Stakeholders Assessment to develop a Three Year Developmental Business Plan.
- Ensure the proper utilization of the Vet Ride System.
- Develop, analyze, evaluate, advises upon and improve the effectiveness of work methods and procedures, organizations, manpower utilization, distribution of work assignments, delegation of authority, management controls, information and documentation systems.
- Formulate, interpret and implements VHA's Member Services Veterans Transportation Program and VAMC's policies and procedures.
- Develops, analyzes, evaluates, advises upon and improves the effectiveness of work methods, procedures, manpower utilization, distribution of work assignments, delegation of authority, management controls and documentation systems.
- Formulates, interprets, and implements VHA's Member Services Veterans Transportation Program and VAMC's policies and procedures.
- Acts as subject matter expert and advisor to Senior Medical Center Leadership related to the Veterans Transportation Program.
- Measure service outcomes by reviewing and analyzing data.
- Ensures that VTP Regulations are applied to all patient transportation performed by VA paid staff.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with Community Transit providers, Veterans Service Organizations, State Veteran Agencies, County Veteran Agencies and other groups.
- Ensure effective integration of efforts/activities with other medical center operations.
- Serve as senior advisor to VAPHS and the VISN VTP Board of Directors.
- Resolve complex veterans transportation issues, including urgent, complex or uncertain transportation needs.
- Serve as the subject matter expert related to patient transportation, Special Mode Transportation, Inter-Facility patient transfers, discharge transportation, contract and fee arrangements transportation.
- Coordinate local policy development and implementation.
- Initiate community outreach to transit authorities.
- Develop Memorandums of Understanding and establish collaborative relationships.
- Analyze and development Veteran's Transportation Program policy.
- Conduct and report upon special studies related to the efficiency and productivity of the Transportation section..
- Conduct cost benefit analyses, studies, reports, surveys, inquiries, and evaluations.
- Acts as a liaison to the Human Resources office.
- Act as selection official.
- Manage the Transportation section budget.
- Analyze organizational budgets and provide advice.
- Monitor budget allocation and execution.
- Perform budget analysis requests such as cost-benefit analysis.
- Serve as Contracting Officer Representative for transportation equipment and vehicles.
- Prepare statements of work for contracts and MOUs.
- Monitor the rate of expenditure of budgeted funds.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitatively analyses related to the effectiveness of programs and operations.
- Manage the transportation quality assurance program.
- Direct and conduct studies, design flow charts, analyze findings and makes recommendations.
- Serve as permanent member on committees relating to transportation performance improvement.
- Utilize lean practices and veteran centered practices to meet the Secretary's Blueprint for Excellence.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Supervisory Mobility Transportation Specialist/PD133320
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580618300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.