This position is located in the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Policy Development, Office of the Chief Data Officer, Division of Analytics and Support. The Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO) is responsible for managing and improving the Department’s ability to leverage data as a strategic asset. The OCDO is led by the Department’s Chief Data Officer (CDO), whose authority is partially set forth in the OPEN Government Data Act.Learn more about this agency
APPLICATION LIMIT: This vacancy announcement is limited to the first 50 applications received and will close at 11:59PM Eastern Time on the day that we receive the 50th application, or at 11:59PM Eastern Time on the listed closing date, whichever occurs first.
As a GS-0343-13 Management & Program Analyst, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Serving as an expert on critical data reservoirs, including enterprise data lakes and analytics platforms; using expertise on data and data infrastructure to identify solutions, develop code, and extract information that can be used by students, parents, and other consumers for decision-making.
- Assisting offices with the design and implementation of data systems that support agency-wide efforts to integrate and leverage data from disparate sources.
- Using expertise in data systems to assist with automating program data activities. Identifying solutions that meet analytical needs and align with Departmental infrastructure and cybersecurity guidelines.
- Supporting the development of quick-turn analyses and policy simulations that provide leadership with actionable recommendations to change policy and operations.
- Attending policy discussions, planning groups, staff meetings, and special confidential meetings to keep abreast of Departmental issues and to coordinate the implementation of resulting action items.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580608900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.