Who may apply:
Current Permanent DFAS Agency Employees; PPP DoD Military Spouse Preference Eligibles
Position is located in Information and Technology - IT Shared Services - Technical Support - ZTADA . This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the I&T Directorate.Learn more about this agency
- Provides expert guidance and technical support to IT specialists regarding the requirements analysis, design, programming, testing, and implementation of existing and proposed data management systems.
- Monitors data performance, file organization and structure, file management, mass storage management, backup and recovery of data, and data systems security.
- Ensures compatibility of operating systems in accordance with specific data systems and data applications requirements.
- Coordinates with IT specialists to ensure that DFAS developed software applications are compatible with data systems.
- Provides expert guidance on the most recent technologies (ex., optimal flexible architecture (OFA) and least recently used (LRU) algorithms or caching).
- Evaluates and analyzes impact of proposed new systems and system change requests to existing operational systems.
- Approaches proposed applications in a systematic manner and applies analysis techniques to determine the scope and classification of software and hardware problems.
- Researches specific IT topics to evaluate alternatives. Ingrates and uses the respective IT knowledge in the formulation of plans that meet operational objectives.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580525400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.