Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position: This is a formal Air Force intern position established under the COPPER CAP training program. The position is centrally managed and funded by the Headquarters Air Force Personnel Center, Civilian Force Renewal & Development Section Program and administered by the Contracting Career Field Management Team.
- Performs and follows established procedures to procure off-the-shelf materials, which are available from numerous commercial sources, and are easily identified by common names for which standard price lists are available; "(Continue)"
- responds to customer needs to procure repetitive items or services for which specifications have become standardized and where established competitive markets and price competition exists.
- Reviews requisitions to determine if proper specifications or purchase descriptions are included in solicitation documents.
- Prepares Invitation for Bid (IFB), Request for Quotation (RFQ) or Request for Proposal (RFP) ensuring that technical descriptions and appropriate contract clauses are included; develops source lists of responsible contractors,"( Continue)"
- coordinating with the small business specialist; uses primarily firm fixed-price, time and materials, indefinite delivery, or similar contracts using standard clauses; performs detailed analysis of responses to solicitations," Continue)"
- including price reasonableness, adequacy of competition, compliance with solicitation, and probability of meeting requirements.
- Assists in monitoring contract performance and assists in contract termination; monitors contract performance through telephone conversations, correspondence, site visits, inspections, progress reports, and analysis of contractor metrics"(Continue)"
- for compliance with performance standards, applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, inspections, progress reports, and other requirements stated in the contract.
- Provides advice and assistance to others relating to contracting work and prepares correspondence; provides advice, guidance, training, and assistance to technical or program personnel, functional commanders and/or contractors"(Cont)"
- whenever information is needed or issues need to be resolved.
- The Copper Cap Intern Program offers you a permanent position upon successful completion of your formal training plan. As a Copper Cap Intern you will experience both personal and "(Continue)"
- professional growth while dealing effectively and ethically with change, complexity, and problem solving.
- The program offers a 3-year formal training plan with yearly salary increases. Promotions and salary increases are based upon your successful performance and supervisory approval.
- This is your opportunity to begin a successful civilian career with the United States Air Force.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580482000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.