*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT IS ONLY OPEN TO CURRENT USPS OIG EMPLOYEES. OTHER APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.Learn more about this agency
This announcement provides the opportunity for a reassignment/promotion to the position of Audit Manager or Program Analysis Manager (Audit Evaluator Manager) Operational, Delivery and Retail Response Team (DARRT) position in the OA - Office of Audit directorate. This position could be located in Dallas TX, Denver CO, Carol Stream IL, or Raleigh NC.
This position is being advertised at the Manager Band level, equivalent to a GS-14. The salary range for this position is $97,977.00 - $125,868.00 plus locality pay.
Please note that the duties and responsibilities associated with this position may vary based upon the agency's needs at the time of hire. The following description of major duties and responsibilities is only intended to give applicants a general overview of the expectations.
The candidate will provide a full range of supervision to staff and manage other related projects as assigned. The candidate will be highly motivated and demonstrate experience in planning, conducting, and executing quick response audits and other complex tasks and assignments.
Duties include, but are not limited, to:
- Manages auditors responsible for performing DARRT related audits and other performance audits, evaluations, assessments, and/ or reviews as assigned.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops staff. Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; monitoring and appraising job results; addressing performance issues; and providing actionable feedback and career development opportunities.
- Provides oversight and coordination of contractors as required to accomplish Office of Audit mission and objectives while adhering to established regulations, guidance and policy, and meeting acceptable standards for timeliness, accuracy, quality, and completeness.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships and consistent professional communications with Postal Service management and staff.
- Schedules projects and staff assignments and manages budget so as to comply with the organization's needs. Reviews and approves the objective, scope, and methodology of each project.
- Manages audit projects to ensure that professional standards are maintained in the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases and in the accumulation of evidentiary data that is technically sound and meets OIG and professional standards.
- Provides technical expertise, support, and guidance to auditors on administrative activities.
- Prepares various reports, correspondence, and briefings.
- Presents oral briefings to management.
Manages auditors responsible for accumulating data, maintaining records, and preparing periodic reports to Congress and senior management on audit activities.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580464300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.